Saturday, November 19, 2011

School is to Law, as AP lit is to Loophole


I am looking for inspiration and knowledge from AP lit. To me, literature is as important an art as pictures, movies, and music. Art is the only topic where I can find peace and meaning. I love to learn and always question things. I like to try new things, and AP literature was too intriguing to walk away from. Honestly though school irritates and bores me because it implies too many restrictions. I think backwards, upside down, and never the “easy” way. I see AP literature as a loophole in the system though. I enjoy hearing people’s opinions on art because art never requires a right or wrong answer. It is always interesting to discover unique perspectives too. In the future, I plan on utilizing the knowledge I acquired from AP lit to experience new things, change the world, and learn. 

1 comment:

  1. hmmmm. I always thought of lit as art, so I guess you and I are on the same page (canvas?). My fave reading quote:
    “Sometimes I sensed that the books I read in rapid succession had set up some sort of murmur among themselves, transforming my head into an orchestra pit where different musical instruments sounded out, and I would realize that I could endure this life because of these musicales going on in my head.”
    Orhan Parmuk (Nobel prize winning author from Turkey) I love that he connects writing to music--that has always worked for me too.

    ReplyDelete